GALILEO-EGNOS AS AN ASSET FOR UTM SAFETY AND SECURITY
The GAUSS project aims at fast and thorough achievement of acceptable levels in terms of performance, safety and security for both, current drone and future U-Space operations. The key element within GAUSS is the integration and exploitation of Galileo-EGNOS exceptional features for precise and secure positioning to enable U-Space operations, supporting the management and coordination of all drones in the VLL airspace.
- Reliable PVT for signal integrity, precise positioning and orientation of individual drones, enhancing their navigation performance and manoeuvrability.
- Multi-constellation/multi-frequency solution.
- EGNOS integrity features and service levels.
- Concept of operations design coordinated with SESAR U-Space concept.
- Enhanced safety: RNP (accuracy, integrity, continuity and availability). Use of relevant operational safety analysis methodologies: SORA and SecRAM.
- Enhanced security levels with anti-jamming and anti-spoofing capabilities built from Galileo multi-frequency and authentication capabilities.
- Coordination of a scalable number of drones flying in the same airspace, primary and alternate trajectories available with acceptable safety conditoins.
- Compatibility with all EASA categories of operations to which GAUSS solutions can be applied and thus, share the same UTM Airspace.